Tuesday, September 10, 2019

July Ipsy Bag - Review & Update

Hi everyone, I hope you're all doing super well!
I wanted to update and share with all of you my review on the July Ipsy bag (First impressions blog post here).

1. Red EARTH Brighten Concentrate Oil with Kakadu Plum
I've used this product by itself and I've also mixed it into my daily moisturizer. I usually let out just one drop. I think this product does an okay job at brightening my face. I've applied it on no makeup days when I wanted to combat dull skin and I've also used it underneath makeup. I don't see a significant difference in terms of brightening.
Overall rating: 2.5/5
2. CIATE LONDON Watermelon Burst Hydrating Primer
I was super excited to have a primer inside of my Ipsy bag in July. I think this primer's texture differs from the other primers I've tried. This one when it comes out of the tube is super runny and almost watery. I don't think that this product does a good job at hydrating my skin nor does it give me glowy skin like it said it would.
Overall rating: 2/5
3. FEEL Mindful Palo Santo Soothing Mask
Ever since I started using Summer Fridays masks (blog posts here and here), I haven't found a reason or desire to try any other face masks. When I found this mask inside my Ipsy bag, I was intrigued. I love the smell of this mask, it's such a calming scent and the packaging is super cute. In terms of soothing my skin, I don't think it does such. I honestly think I've been spoiled by Summer Fridays' insane formula and results that I don't think there are any other face masks that can compare. 
Overall rating: 1.5/5
4. LA BEAUTE FATALE COSMETICS Brow Fixx Tint & Shaper in Dark Brunette
I've actually been reaching for this brow tint instead of my NYX one. I like this colour more than my NYX one. I like that this one is more natural looking. In terms of this being described as water-resistant and won't budge, I don't think that's entirely true. It's not like a solvent that prevents it from moving and I've definitely seen it smudged. 
Overall rating: 3/5
5. PACIFICA Bronzer Blush Duo
The blush in this duo is awesome. I think that it provides a natural look. The bronzer however, I don't really use as much, I don't think that it appears on my skin as well as it could. But, this blush has been part of my makeup routine.
Overall rating: 3.5/5

July's Ipsy bag didn't have anything that blew me away. Thank you for reading! I hope this helps y'all and provides some insight!
With love & light,
C

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig