Wednesday, July 17, 2019

My Trip to Hong Kong - Disneyland, Macau and More!

When my family and I booked our trip to the Philippines (blog post here), we knew that we wanted to take a side trip too. My cousins have been to Hong Kong before and connected us with a travel agent and we thought, let's do it! We booked our trip for 4 days and 3 nights at Panda Hotel. 

Day 1 Highlights
From Manila to Hong Kong, the flight was about 2 hours. When we got to our hotel it was around lunch time so that was our first venture. Panda Hotel's location is more local than it is touristy. It was honestly pretty difficult to order food because of the language barrier so if I could redo this trip, I'd research nearby places and plan more diligently. Day 1 was spent unwinding from our travels but Panda Hotel has this shuttle bus service that takes you to Tsim Sha Tsui for free!
Day 2 Highlights
The next day we started our morning exploring more of Hong Kong. We went to Aberdeen Fishing Village and had a boat tour. Also on the itinerary were going to the Golden Bauhinia Square, a jewelry manufacturer and a souvenir shop. At the jewelry manufacturer, the sales people were very pushy and almost invasive. Once they saw you eyeing something or browsing, they will stick with you and not leave you alone lmao. Finally we got to the part I looked forward to the most, DISNEYLAND! I've never been to any Disney park before so my childhood dreams came true. It was honestly so magical, I felt my happiest at Disney. I heard Hong Kong Disneyland was not as crowded as the Disney parks in America yess! I fully understand why it's called the happiest place in the world. 


Day 3 Highlights
We started our day early and our coach bus took us to the ferry boat that takes you to Macau. The ride was about an hour and oh my goodness, bring your gravol! Thank God the boat had free wifi because it helped me distract myself from all the motion. We were in Macau until about 2pm and then went back to our hotel. I heard that Macau was beautiful at night. I think that we spent the rest of the day exploring areas near our hotel, and I finally got to squeeze in a workout at the hotel's gym. 
Day 4 Highlights
Our final day. My cousin and I woke up, went to the gym and then utilized the hotel's pool! Check-out was at I think 11am but our flight wasn't until around 10pm. Luckily, we were able to leave our baggages at the hotel concierge and with the travel agency, we had a coach bus picking us up at I think around 7pm from the hotel to take us to the airport. We explored more of the area around us. Panda Hotel has like a mall built into it on a separate floor so we were hanging out there and at the Starbucks we frequently visited during our stay at Panda Hotel.  
I'm so grateful we got to experience a different culture. I can't wait for my next adventure. 
With love & light,
C
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig