Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Ipsy Bag July 2019 - First Impression

Hey guys, I hope you're all doing well! A little surprise came in the mail for me yesterday, my Ipsy bag!
As one of my graduation gifts (graduation post here) and knowing my love for makeup and skincare, my cousin got me an Ipsy bag subscription! My cousin actually forgot to cancel this subscription so I'll be getting another Ipsy bag some time soon, haha! 😜
So this is the July 2019 Ipsy bag, but I got it in August and I'm pretty sure he subscribed to it some time in June... So there definitely was a delay, so be cautious about that. 
The pouch that stored all the beauty products is so cute, so summery and I love that I'll definitely be able to use it again for my own personal needs. Inside the bag were 5 products and I've personally only heard about 2 out of the 5 brands. I like that there's a little information card about each product and how to use them.

1. RED EARTH Brighten Concentrate Oil with Kakadu Plum
My current skincare routine is so simple and has been working well for me so I'm kind of hesitant to include new products. I'm currently not using any face oils, but this one is said to be packed with vitamin-C, Kakadu plum, macadamia oil and coconut oil to leave your skin refreshed and rejuvenated. None of my products promote brightening so I'm excited to try this one out.
2. CIATE LONDON Watermelon Burst Hydrating Primer
I was super excited to see that a primer was included in my Ipsy bag since I rant out of the one I was using. This one by CIATE LONDON is said to hydrate, refresh and prep your skin for makeup. It'll boost your glow and help your makeup last longer. The scent 😍
3. FEEL Mindful Palo Santo Soothing Mask
So I actually tried this mask. The soothing description compelled me to try it because whew I really needed it lmao. I really like the smell of this mask. It said to apply a thick layer, but I guess I applied too thin of a layer. I wasn't blown away by this mask like I was with my favourite Summer Fridays masks (blog post here and here). I definitely will try this again and the packaging is so cute. This mask is infused with "energy clearing" palo santo essential oil, adaptogenic mushrooms, lavender and chamomile to help soothe and calm sensitive skin.
4. LA BEAUTE FATALE COSMETICS Brow Fixx Tint & Shaper in Dark Brunette
This product says that it contains a water-resistant formula that won't budge. I'm currently using the NYX brow tint and I've never tried any other brand's brow tint, so I'm looking forward to testing this one.
5. PACIFICA Bronzer Blush Duo
Out of all of the brands in my Ipsy bag, this is the one that I'm most familiar with. I've never tried any of their products before. I've also never used blush before! I really love how there's a compact mirror on the back of this product, so it'd be perfect to toss in your purse and for touch ups throughout the day.
So many goodies to play with! I remember when Michelle Phan made a video launching Ipsy and wanting to try it but for some reason not thinking it was available in Canada and now I have one! I think that this is an awesome subscription for $10 a month for 5 sample sized products. Anyways, that's all for now!
With love & light,
C
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I love getting a subscription box every month (I get Birchbox), it's like getting a present every month! Sadly I don't think Ipsy is available to the UK, but if it one days does, I think I'll try it out!

    Ellyn x | Life Of A Beauty Nerd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to comment! Hoping that Ipsy ships to the UK soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig